Friday, April 3, 2009

Rollercoaster Ride

















Whew, it has been a while since I updated. I seriously feel like I have been on a rollercoaster ride for the last month….

Amanda and I went to Florida for two NKOTB concerts which kicked ass big time!! We left on Wednesday and made it to Orlando and checked into the hotel. Embassy Suites is the bomb!! Thanks Jace!! So, we just kind of hung out on Thursday since we had to drive to Ft. Myers that evening for the first concert. I think it took us close to four hours to get there. My GPS took us back roads and you should have saw Amanda’s car after all the Love Bugs hit it. I drove down since I can’t see well at night and those bugs were hitting right and left. The windshield was COVERED… Too bad we didn’t take a picture…. So, once we got there they were playing. We didn’t care, we just started grooving. They changed up the show some and then they went to play in the middle of the floor and we were about 5 deep. I tried to touch one of them. If we had only gone about 5 minutes before, we could have made it to the front row. Oh well, we thought we were set for tomorrow night.

On Friday morning, we are worn out, but get up and go to Universal Studios which was really neat. We met a lot of characters and rode a couple of rides. I want to go back and spend some more time there.

So when we were riding around on Thursday, I see this place called the ICEBAR. I was like OMG…. I saw on TV, that it is a bar made of ice. It is 27 degrees and they give you coats, gloves and socks. So, I told Amanda-We so are going. So, we go at 7:15pm and had a coolio time. The drinks were the best. Grey Goose vodka rocked our socks off…. The bartender, Gene was the finest thing in Orlando besides NKOTB. He was so nice, we kept thinking about him throughout the trip.

Onward to the next event, NKOTB concert #2…. This concert was full throttle. We were once again late, but the ICEBAR was totally worth it. So, we knew when to go to the piano, but the bouncers made us go back to our seats. We were PISSED beyond belief. We just knew this was the night we were going to get to touch one of them…..
So, we got by and were about 3-4 deep. Danny did look me in the eyes… Swoon….. I just wish it could have been Donnie. He is the man!! Sexy Mofo! I didn’t want the concert to end. I know they are older and everything, but their concerts rock! Will keep you dancing the whole time.

We end up going to Bahama Breeze to eat and drink. We are both tired and sore from everything we had done. We wanted to go dancing, but everything was either closed or we didn’t really know where to go. So, we go back to the hotel knowing our trip was almost over.

We leave Orlando about noon and are doing good on time. We stop to have a potty break in Tifton and the car doesn’t crank. I start looking for someone to jump us off and they agree. It works but then Jason tells Amanda to turn on her headlights. Dead again. So, the tow truck comes and tows the car to the Toyota Dealership and takes us to the hotel. It was just the battery, so it wasn’t a big deal. We just wish the tow guy would have looked at the car so we could have just gotten a new battery and got home that night. Oh well, just another story to tell.

My mom has surgery on Monday, so I was nervous about that. Everything turned out fine. I am usually the patient, so it was hard to watch my mom being taken back. She came home on Wednesday already lifting things she shouldn’t. She was a real trooper. She is back to driving and shopping, so I know she is feeling better. She is ready to go to the beach!! Oh yeah!

On Sunday a week after being back from Florida, I am cleaning my house. I vacuum the stairs and boom my back is out. I could hardly walk upstairs to the bed. I have never been in such pain as that. I had to stay out of work for 2 days and finally able to go to the doctor and luckily the muscle relaxers helped.

Then this Saturday, I start getting a head cold. I know, I am whining a good bit. I just feel like I can’t catch a break. But such is life and I will get over it. I had so much fun in Florida. I am ready to go back and see Gene… lol

NKOTB is coming back to ATL in May, so I am stoked about that. Get my Donnie fix again.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving girl that loves to laugh. I enjoy following around 5 guys from Boston. I have throughly enjoyed getting to know lots of great friends through them. So lucky to be alive and enjoying life.